July 10, 2008

~Casting My Burdens Upon Him~

This extra weight I carry burdens my body, my back, my feet, my heart...but more than that, it's been a burden to my life, my living for God & others, & serving Him, & them...
...when I'm in pain all the time, just getting through the day becomes my focus, & my hourly priority...I'm so weary of that, & NEED it to change!!!
Because I've been strong overall, & have a strong constitution, I've handled it up until the last 50-75 lbs...
...but it's caught up to me, as I've grown older, & by the grace of God, & I know due to my overall fairly healthy diet even when not raw, I've not had a heart attack, as some have in their early 40's (& even late 30's!) weighing far less than me...but I'm seeing that I cannot presume this will remain the case...
...when I work out now, & get my heart pounding, (& it doesn't take much to get that happening!) I can feel that it's not strong, & needs strengthening....
...so movement has become my new priority...sitting less, on my feet more, gentle stretching EVERY SINGLE TIME I GET UP, going up the stairs at least 5 times a day, (to get the mail, take out garbage, answer the door...instead of asking Hannah to do those things, as I've been doing...)
...& today, I'm getting my weightlifting & rebounder area set up properly, so it's easily accessible throughout the day...(& clear the floor again so I can easily set up my mat & physioball without having to move things first!)
...God has been sooo patient with me to fully GET this, & apply what He's taught me, & also, so protective of Hannah's need for me to remain here on earth with her...I want to show my appreciation for the blessed life He's given me by returning to 'presenting my body to Him daily as a living sacrifice', which the Bible calls my reasonable service, & an act of worship...
{...of Him, not my self..."More of Him, less of me," as John the Baptist said..}
It boils down to this...something inside me is changing...but not by my own efforts, but by His power working in me to bring my life in line with His will...
...my own efforts have resulted in soooo little real change...but His working in me is changing everything...
...I've just had to learn to fully surrender, & set my heart to obey, as He leads each day, & allow Him to complete the work He's begun in me in this area of my life...finally...
...& things are actually, truly changing, on the inside first, which I can see has had to happen...then the outside will line up with what He created me to be...
...too bad I can't take 'before' & 'after' pictures of THAT!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad I decided to catch up on your blog - you're doing so well! And yeah, it's definitely time for me to get back to raw. Time to feel better!
God bless,
Annie FryingPan

~Anastazia~ said...

Thanks, Shanny, yea, I'm doin' better by the day, it seems...all by the grace of God!
Glad you're getting back to raw, come on back over to RFT, too, lotsa interesting things goin' on there!
& stay away from that fryin' pan!
(Still waitin' to hear that story!)
~A~