December 02, 2008

An Exciting, & Yet Dissapointing Night...

Sorry I haven't been posting much lately, I've been sewing like crazy, preparing for Hannah's homeschool group's Presentation night/Craft sale (which took place last night!)......& we've been preparing a song that we sang...
the dissapointment was that NOT ONE BAG SOLD...hardly anyone bought ANYTHING from ANYONE, everyone was too busy visiting, & preparing for their performances...
I did do a little bartering, to support the young artists, (knitting, jewelery) & let Hannah pick out some birthday presents (a much-needed hat & scarf, & some jewelery...)
I guess I shouldn't have counted on selling at least a few to have $ for Hannah's birthday party on the 11th...with all the dentist's bill's we've both been incurring, & how behind I am on bills, it looks like the plans she's been tentatively making won't be able to happen now......*sigh*......but I'm just going to lay it down, not fear, & trust God...we still have a week & a bit before then, & a few days before we need to send the invitations.
The EXCITING part of the evening was that we sang together for the first time in public, & though I messed up a few times, no-one really seemed to notice, & it was very well recieved, & seemed to really bless & minister to people...
...suprised a few, too, quite a few told us later that they had no idea we could sing like that, & that Hannah could harmonize so well! (I only discovered that fact recently myself! Lol!)Considering we never made it all the way through the song ONCE before we performed it, & we only actually worked on it a few times, I think we did well...
...we're going to video-tape it & share it here (& maybe on YouTube) soon, but my hand is a wreck right now, numb & sore, & no strength...
...I actually wanted to post it for Thanksgiving, (I wrote it for Thanksgiving years ago) but seeing as that's part of the theme for this challenge, I'll make sure to do it before it ends, at least!
God has confirmed to me through the annointing on it last night, as well as certain comments & responses that this really IS what He's given us to do (well, one of the main things) as He's been repeatedly showing me, but I've been afraid to 'just do it', not sure if it was just MY will, or His for us...
...& I felt I was too old now...& that my weight is too much of a hinderance...
...one person came up to me I'd never met before & said, "You used to do this before, didn't you? You need to get back to it, sharing the gift you've been given..." (few know I used to sing in churches, youth detention centers, even on radio, & TV a few times...)
So I've committed to playing & singing EVERY SINGLE DAY, & teaching Hannah my songs, & to play them as well, (though I'm praying & believing that God will heal my hands...) & I'm going to ask on Freecycle for a cassette tape deck, so I can listen to & sing along with the recording I did in my friend's studio about 15 years ago...
(...I only have it on cassette tapes...do they make an affordable machine that can take stuff on tapes & put it on a CD?)
...& how am I doing with raw? On the days I exercise, 100% is no problem...on the days I don't...um, definately having problem staying 100%......so that's something else I'm COMMITTED to do EVERY SINGLE DAY, (Exercise at LEAST half an hour, & work up a sweat!) cuz in order for my health to improve, I NEED to stay 100%...
(anything less feels like I'm going backwards, in my body, on a cellular level...I still have a LOT of healing to do!)
The other dissapointing thing about last night is, I was quite self-conscious of my weight (there were easily 100 people there, many I didn't know...) & it hindered me from being able to totally get in the spirit...I can't even hold the guitar properly cuz of it!
So I know that shedding MORE is necessary before I can really enter into doing this the way it's meant to be done...
Time to go take & post pics now of all the new stuff I've been making on my Etsy store site...I didn't yet cuz I was hoping to sell most or ALL of it last night...
http://anastazia.etsy.com/
...I'm such a dreamer sometimes...(one of my best, & worst qualities! *grin*)
As always, I covet your prayers!

1 comment:

Debra said...

Anastasia, Isn't it awesome how God works in us. One of Jeff's clients is Danny Vierra of modernmanna.org He is a health evangelist. His heart is to lead people to the Lord and then make sure they are healthy enough to serve Him and lead more to the Lord. I have been having health issues with my uterus. Thought I was pregnant but I was building up the lining in my uterus and not shedding it- my uterus was enlarged. I told you about the program I was on- as time went on I eliminated all meat and dairy- too many calories to take in- can have so much more fruits, veggies, grains and beans for the same calories. I went to see Danny and he confirmed- I don't need to be eating any meat and dairy- I have too much estrogen in my system. So I am volunteering with Danny at his Christian Youth Health Crusade in June- cooking in the kitchen- simple vegan food. I am vegan. Not raw- I eat a lot raw but not all. I have lost 15 lbs in 20 days. And best of all my cycle is back. Everyone is eating vegan in the house- that helps a great deal- and they all feel great.
So keep on your journey.. If you are struggling with raw at least stay vegan. I think vegan is a good place to start and then move forward from there.
blessings, debra