May 22, 2009

~Sweet, Simple Smoothies~

My friend Shannon http://butterflytrails.blogspot.com/ went to hear Victoria Boutenko
http://www.rawfamily.com/ speak awhile back, & shared a few things she'd gleaned from her talk...(which she summarazed well on her site) but one thing that stuck, that I've applied is to keep smoothies 3 ingredients...fruit, greens & water...so I've been doing that, cuttin' out all the extraneous stuff, & have really been enjoying them, digesting them easier, & been more satisfied by them....which suprised me, cuz I used to really like putting 10 things in them & trying to identify each individual taste, as well as putting in extra things for health (flax, etc.)...
Anyways, just wanted to share these two sites with you, & a quick update...
...been about 75% raw, struggling a bit at dinners, but am still determined to return to 100%, am using the treadmill, sporatically...am lovin' the sunshine, & am still waiting for produce prices to drop...am working on getting a garden set up, if we don't move...need to decide soon...
..the scales have only budged a pound or two at a time, but it's been slooooooow, compared to when I'm 100%...so I keep on keepin' on, determined to do what I know I need to do...
...I even dehydrated some sweet potato fries last night, gotta go try 'em now!!
Enjoy the sunshine!!!

No comments: