September 12, 2008

~When Temptations Come~

Ok, first of all, I know God has called me to go 100% raw for my health's restoration. The goal is not perfection with it...I know I'm not to elevate this way of eating higher than it ought to be, or give it more attention or focus or time than it needs...but if He has called me to it, I know He has also provided (& will provide) all I need to see this through....
...so when I am tempted to break raw, I have a choice to make...it doesn't control me, I have free will, & I can just allow my cravings, my flesh-nature, my appetites to dictate what I do, or I can allow God's Spirit in me to lead, guide, strengthen & help me...
...tonight, finally having my period again (raw is healing my PCOS!), cravings for pizza & wings hit me like a ton of bricks...
{...not that I even have money to order, but I confess I was tempted to take some from the phone bill money...}
...but I just kinda observed myself, as I turned my focus towards ordering, & eating, & watched where my thoughts went...
....& then when I turned to God for guidance & help, I also watched my thoughts....& I realized something really interesting...
...I saw that the strength of the 'craving' directly correlated to where I allowed my thought to focus...
...& that the only time the craving felt overwhelming was when I totally shut out thoughts of God, & put them on what my flesh wanted...
...so simple...so clear....
...& the moment I turned to Him, He carried me through to the other side.

Something tells me that the struggle has ended. If I choose to eat something not raw, it will now be a conscious choice, not a yeilding to overwhelming cravings I feel can't be handled or resisted.
I know that there may be occasions where I'll be led, as the Bible says, to"Eat what's put before me with thanksgiving", (when it's not appropriate to say no...) or when non-raw is all that's available...
....but in the meantime, even when I'm not as excited about raw, even when I have moments of being tired of it, or bored with it, or old cravings get triggered again, I will just remember this night, & pray for help & strength, & allow Him to help me get & keep my focus back where it belongs, so I can walk on in obedience.

He'd never have asked me to do it if He wasn't able to see me through it!

1 comment:

Stacey D said...

Wow, isn't God amazing? I too, feel like whenever I invite God into my day to day choices I am blessed. I'm especially finding that true through tough emotional stuff that creeps up seemingly out of nowhere and - BAM! - I have to deal with it. I thank God that I can turn to Him and hash it out if I need to and nothing I say to Him is a surprise because, well, He's God! What freedom...